• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finally got my Hickory............................;}-

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Now it's time to go to work

Now it gets split

The rest is on it's way.

Have fun and,

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I really need to get me a bigger smoker so I can play with great woods like this - my electric is too limited - as soon as the Mrs goes back to work I am going to  look into another toy

Congrats man

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
   Scarbelly, think UDS
 Mostly free(be nosey,ask people for stuff,you never know) and put it together,if the Wife says anything say,"I've got a headache,I need some Man time,please?"

Then one day say"Look Hon,isn't it cool;and it was almost free!"LOL

You've got to have some wierd characters livig close by that don't know how to treat thier toys!You know,like tossing out a Webber lid 'cause the bottom burned-out(that's the whole thing, mostly.Then go to a place with barrels(not a chemical co.)and beg one off them-heck tell them you'll bring some goodies when it's done
I'm not proud,I'll beg to further my hobby

I got my barrel sandblasted for a rack of ribs by the same guy that blasted and re-painted my NB RedRiver for 3 racks of spares
 The power of Bartering is cool,I do 'Barbed Wire' art,and found a "Picker" that gave me a whole roll of wire with the promise to do 100 6" stars,the rest is mine.Heck,I even traded 2-PP sandwitches for a plastic barrel for my FIL's B-Day,I had the rest of the stuff.I might be a cheapskate,but try not to waste-espescially money.I got me a Hickory tree by agreeing to let our rental neighbor park in front,my FIL owns the house

Get out there and hussle,but remember;

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
nice haul of wood............

gary, just hide it behind the RV!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.