Finally got my Hickory............................;}-

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2008
NW Ohio - outside Toledo
Now it's time to go to work
icon_exclaim.gif

Now it gets split
points.gif

The rest is on it's way.

Have fun and,

I really need to get me a bigger smoker so I can play with great woods like this - my electric is too limited - as soon as the Mrs goes back to work I am going to  look into another toy

Congrats man

Scarbelly, think UDS
biggrin.gif
 Mostly free(be nosey,ask people for stuff,you never know) and put it together,if the Wife says anything say,"I've got a headache,I need some Man time,please?"
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

Then one day say"Look Hon,isn't it cool;and it was almost free!"LOL

You've got to have some wierd characters livig close by that don't know how to treat thier toys!You know,like tossing out a Webber lid 'cause the bottom burned-out(that's the whole thing, mostly.Then go to a place with barrels(not a chemical co.)and beg one off them-heck tell them you'll bring some goodies when it's done
icon_question.gif
I'm not proud,I'll beg to further my hobby
icon_exclaim.gif

I got my barrel sandblasted for a rack of ribs by the same guy that blasted and re-painted my NB RedRiver for 3 racks of spares
icon_exclaim.gif
 The power of Bartering is cool,I do 'Barbed Wire' art,and found a "Picker" that gave me a whole roll of wire with the promise to do 100 6" stars,the rest is mine.Heck,I even traded 2-PP sandwitches for a plastic barrel for my FIL's B-Day,I had the rest of the stuff.I might be a cheapskate,but try not to waste-espescially money.I got me a Hickory tree by agreeing to let our rental neighbor park in front,my FIL owns the house
icon_exclaim.gif
wink.gif

Get out there and hussle,but remember;

nice haul of wood............

gary, just hide it behind the RV!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky