Finally finished my mini.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

12ring

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
New Mexico
So I have been reading post after post on this forum and the weber forum about building a mini. I took ideas from about 5 different builds and incorporated them into my build. Bdskelly can be credited with the pop riveting the lid to the pot. I like the fit much better like that.

Big thanks to everyone else who offers up information on this forum also. Its so nice to be able to ask a question and get a bunch of feed back right away.

So I used vht engine primer, enamel and clear coat for the paint process. I ordered the Fighting Irish guy and the AZ cardinal off ebay. They werent the right stencil so it took me hours cutting with a exacto knife. We'll see how the paint hold up over time.

The difuser was one of the things that i was driving me crazy but I finally decided to just go with a hole on the bottom, leaving 3 tabs to hold up a cake pan. Went with 2 cooking racks and made a 4" high charcoal basket. I will use a can for the ash cover and might add some weber vents to the side if i need to. I'm gonna do a few smokes this way first and see how things go.

Again thanks for all the input.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky