• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finally...Fall is officially here!

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 19, 2009
My wife got up early this morning, we had coffee and she broke out the yeast and made her sourdough starter!  Oh, I can hardly stand the wait but I know it will all be well worth it!

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
LOL Mr. Mac, I took my starter out and "fed" it this a.m. so I could make some bread today. I love homemade bread and I especially love the way my house smells while it's baking. Someone should make a scented "sourdough" candle.

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
what a coincidence!  i'm bringing my sourdough starter out to play today, too!

although i love making and eating sourdough bread, my favorite application is pancakes!

mmmmmmm....sourdough pancakes!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Shucks I don't have any starter to play with. Now how do you make a starter cause I like the home made bread that the wife makes and all that. I really do like sour dough bread to. But But can you help a brother out here....

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Gary, thanks for the link.  Request in the mail.  Visions of sourdough biscuits can soon be a reality.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I am making sourdough honey wheat rolls right now. I'm using some tupelo honey Jerry sent me. MMMmmmmm.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.