Final Test Resuts Dry Cured BBQ Baby Backs W/QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
This is a continuation of this post the other day.
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20516

I did a full slab with one half dry cured with Mortons Tender Quick and the other side regular rub.

Last night I put in oven at 200' foiled with some apple juice for 1/2 hour and then made a sauce with 1/2 Lone Steer and 1/2 KC Masterpiece along with some brown sugar and a few dashes of Tabasco. I pre heated the Weber Gas grill to about 450'. I basted the ribs and threw it on and turned twice and basted again both sides.

The left side was just rubbed and the right dry cured. There are about four bones missing because I just couldn't resist the night of the smoke.
icon_smile.gif

Here they are cut up. The ones on the left were dry cured, ones on right were just rubbed, you can see a difference in color.

Wife ate half, and I the other half, we split some of each side for comparison. Her vote was very close favoring the rubbed. My vote was close also, but favored the dry cured ones, I think the dry cured were a little moister and had a little twang. So, it was a tie.

I think the only way to do a test like this is in a blindfold test, but who wants to eat in the dark.
icon_surprised.gif

This is the left overs.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
Look at the juice.

In all the years doing ribs in the restaurant I have to say these were the best. If I was smoking back then I wouldn't have had ANY competition for many, many, miles.

As always, thanks for watching the QVIEW.
icon_smile.gif

very interesting lil expierment there ron, with end picture proving both ways successful eh!!!!! look great and bet tasted as well!!! thks for the qview!!!

You are welcome Erain. Tasted great!
Thanks T- H and also for the points, greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I loved them. The best I think I have ever had, thanks, SMF for all the info here. Thanks.

Thanks Jeanie.

Thanks, they were great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky