Fill a water pan while smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tom

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 21, 2007
How do you fill the pan in a WSM while cooking? It looks very hard to reach.

I know several WSM owners have purchased Brinkman, or other brand pans, but I'll be using the one that came with the unit (at least this weekend).

Thanks

Tom

I appropriated the kids' long necked watering can for their flowers, and it works great for my ECB. The WSM should work similarly.

Thanks everybody,

The watering can is a good idea....but my kids' can is plastic...might be too hot for that(?) if I accidently touch the grill. I was thinking about heading to Target to get a metal one, but I think I can do it with an empty liquor bottle (now I gotta figure out what to do with the contents
biggrin.gif
)

I'll probably wind up buying the Brinkman pan eventually, or something like it.

Tom

The one I swiped from the kids is plastic - it hasn't melted on me yet, the temps stay just low enough that I don't worry about it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky