• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

feeding the squirrel and coons

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
went to the park this weekend and took my stale bread   got some moma coon and her babies and a nice squirrel

someone is mad cause i'm giving away the food!!!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I feed the squirrels and coons . I feed em lead .

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I would avoid the coons, they are night creatures and may be rabid if out during the day

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
they might throw me out of the park for that  (but i could sneak in the rubber pellet co2 pistol we shoot the iguanas with)

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
coons are like bears ,once they lose there fear and get used to food from humans they will come out in the day time to eat.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
went to the park this weekend and took my stale bread   got some moma coon and her babies and a nice squirrel

someone is mad cause i'm giving away the food!!!
Better make it up to your bud, he looks bummed.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Well at least that squirrel was more polite than our "resident" squirrel..... Cheryl would have just taken you out at the knees and taken all the damn bread! LOL (just kidding Cheryl... couldn't resist)

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
coons are like bears ,once they lose there fear and get used to food from humans they will come out in the day time to eat.
Most bears will take that as an insult!

Well at least that squirrel was more polite than our "resident" squirrel..... Cheryl would have just taken you out at the knees and taken all the damn bread! LOL (just kidding Cheryl... couldn't resist)
LOL---Yeah, Rick thinks squirrels are "nice". Maybe he missed Cheryl's gang of "Killer Squirrels" ?!?!

Bear (not affiliated with any squirrels or coons)

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Rick - those are great photos. Of course I love the squirrel in the tree, but the picture of your buddy! Holy cow is that cuteness. It does look like he's pouting. I just wanna give him a big ole sloppy kiss. Thanks for sharing that!

Ya know, when I saw the title of this thread I just KNEW some smarty pants would say something about the Squirrel. I expected it to be Bear, but JOHNNY? What? Man, you best be sleepin' with one eye open. It's going down brutha.......LOL!!!!! I'm on my way to Oregon! You guys kill me, group hug!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.