Fatty Throwdown??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqgoddess

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 13, 2008
TEMPLE CITY, SO CALIFORNIA
Whats up for this weekend??
I see lots of wonderful FATTIES, I believe it was Mossymo who suggested a throwdown...of course all for fun and sharing ideas...
Anyone want to have a fattie contest, sounds like fun...gimme your thoughts!!

heck yes kelly!!!!! how about a fatty freeforall!!! i been watchin this and nobody replying, everybody else must be scared lol!!! you know u got this hands down won right???? yu gonna have some kinda pomegranete stuffed fatty(shoot just gave u ideas already)or mango chutney fatty or something and just the name will do me in!!!! i have an idea though, i have seen so many phatties latley that push the bar every weekend. this should not be between two members, but if everyone else chickens out then so be it, how about a fatty weekend where everyone does a fatty.
man what a thread that would be huh!!! i going to work in a bit and have to work tomorrow and already had a smoked planned so this weekend would not be the best for me. any others intersted?? other things that come to mind are categories maybe.. separate the meats ie turkey,beef or venison(a little pork mixed in as a binder allowable),or just plain pork??? any other sug, we should hammer this out and have one heck of a thread!!!

Erain
This weekend would be tough for me too... you already know what I am smokin'
biggrin.gif

I just wanted to toss it out there so hopefully in the next couple of weekends we could get one going....we will see! Heck maybe it wil be just you and me my friend! It will still be awesome.....

thanks rich, i got a bunch of ground elk yet, have made a couple fatties with it straight and it can be done but its tuff, i think your definatly on something there. do you know how much knox per lb??? thks

Well I wish I would have seen this sooner but I am still up for it if we do it and I promise q veiw to cause I want to know it happened. This could or should be able to get a lot of participants.

BBQG (k) -- I like the idea and know I would get my doors blown off as I can't even roll one like Capt D and Buck W. But it would fun to see the imagination of the SMF on display.

Ok BBG, gimme da rules. Does it have to be something never posted before, do you have to include all ingredients, any limitations? let me kmow, I'm ready to rumble...

im all in! set up some rules and dates and you can count this newbie in on the throwdown. that would be so much fun! I ve participated in several online Dutch oven cook offs to and they were a blast!

Ok I would love to do it the weekend of the 19th...Maybe hold it open for Friday and Sat smoking Judging on Sunday...and if I could ask for one or more of our wonderful MODS to come up with rules and also judge (for fun and braggin' rights) I think that would be the best way...what do you all think?? Perhaps we come up with a special "avitar" for the winners?
BBQG got game baby!
biggrin.gif

All right Kelly...I'm in!!
Hopefully it doesn't have to be one not previously posted because I think I've posted a dozen or so and my creativity on fatty's has run it's limit.
wink.gif

Let's ring the fatty bell!!!

Hmmm, this sounds like it would be fun. Nice thing about it, we could all get some great ideas from everybodys pics.

gotta get in on it. i'm thinkin italian sausage stuffed with roasted peppers and provelone cheese-mmmmmmm

Kelly - it has been mentioned that another Throwdown needs to take place on SMF and we hadn't had any takers. Great thread to offer up the idea and get some takers!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Definitely think the fatty throwdown is a great idea. Bob and I had a great time with our brisket Throwdown (brisket throwdown thread) and have been anxiously awaiting for someone to throw down the gauntlet to establish another challenge!!! Our rules were really simple - qvue required and the smoke had to be done the weekend we said we'd do it. Other than that it was free reign on the idea of how to smoke it, the method, and the ingredients used. Just my $0.02 in the opinion of the rules.

Good luck and I'll definitely throw my hat in to the ring for this one!

i have 2 pounds thawing out now 1 hot and spicy will do nacked with a rub concoction me and coworker dreamed up cooken tommorow so maybe count me in if this kicks ***

This sounds awesome! I'm in! Will there be any rules regarding something they all must have in common aside from the shape i.e. must be traditional breakfast sausage? I would say anything goes... but that's just me.

Ya like laurel stated we been waiting on another throwdown-heard a smoked vs boiled rib might be comming up also.I not real heavy into fatties but I will love to be a part and donate mine. have some great Ideas!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky