Fatty question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A fatty is a fatty at least to me if you wanna make a spiral one I want to see it
biggrin.gif
Heck I have a hard time rolling em up regular let alone spiral

Jerry is correct.......a fatty is a fatty is a fatty is a fatty......do it up however you want! Stuffed...unstuffed....wrapped....unwrapped....rub bed......oh, you get the picture.....heh

Just smoke it up to 160* internal and give it a rest before slicing.....YUMMM.

L8r,
Eric

I don't see why you couldn't other then, as already mentioned, it would be harder to roll.

Guess you will just have to make one and find out
biggrin.gif

The only difference would be you would have to roll out the sausage thinner or use more quantity than normal. At least any mistakes would be edible!! Some of my worse "disasters" have been the best Q.

i am no fatty pro as only having two under my belt, but as far as i know the wonderful thing about fatties is there are no rules on how to make em.
or what you can put in them. so if u want to spiral it, man i wud spiral it just dont let it get to thin and let the stuff bust out on you, above all dont forget the qview!!!

Heck yea...experiment all you want..let us know what is gooder..
I learned on this forum about asparagus as an inerd to the fattie.great stuff and about all I use now with other ingredents.
I always take one when when we are invited out to our friends homes. they last about this long.......gone..

so far I have been using 2 chubs one for the top and one for the bottom if you will. The wife is the expert in rolling them out I fill it with the goodies and she puts the top on and seals it. then I expertly Q it..
the spiral wrap sound hard, maybe not the meat seems to tear easy.
when you make a fattie and "BAM" bump it up..it goes from a Fattie to a Gourmae fattie. I hope you can get some photos of her when you make it. and let us know how this spiral turns out..

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Another brave smoker daring to test the rings of thin blue wisps. I agree with everyone else, go for it; get'r done!
I am thinking about making a bigger fattie; because the 1 # chubs don't last. No reason a spiral wrap couldn't work great. It seems the limiting factor in this equation is the beauty is in the taste of the taster? Who know where you might wander? Semper Fi. Keep the Faith and the trail of Smoke from your yard.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

After doing 1 pounders, I am doing 2 pounders from now on. More versitallity.

Thanks to the posters that posted 2 pounders.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky