Fatty on ?? what

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

regor

Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I'm performing the ultimate no no, but I am a glutton for punishment. Tomorrow will be a FIRST for three things for me, Turkey, ABT's, and a Fatty.

I know, I know, always try something once before inviting company, but we have SOOOOO many other dishes, to include 2 massive hams, that I am willing to take this on. Besides, if the turkey fails, we will still have a fatty, ABT's, beer and Football !!
icon_biggrin.gif

I did have a question here ....

IS there a preferred cracker or something that goes hand in hand with sliced fatty ?

I'm with you on this one!!! to a T...

what I did was:

ATB's: Pablono peppers cored with a mix of chive cream cheese, elephant garlic, and deer sausage, wrapped in bacon and rubbed with light brown sugar

Fatty: Jimmy Dean maple sausage with cheese sticks inside (spray with apple/captain morgan 3:1 mix every 45

Turkey: Brined in brown sugar, tony's creole, and kosher salt for 3 days, and then injected with butter, tony's, onion powder, and garlic powder... then rubbed in butter/mustard and paprika/tony's...

I'm gonna start a q-view of it!!!

Ok, I'm going to give a fatty a try. I'm smoking a brisket tonight for tomorrows dinner. We have a different theme for Thanksgiving every year, and this year is a cowboy Thanksgiving. We're doing the brisket, cowboy beans, jalapeno cornbread, ABTs, veggie enchiladas, and (of course) pecan pie. It's all being cooked outdoors. I figure the fatty can be broken up and used for breakfast tacos to stay with the theme.
It's supposed to get down into the 30's tonight, with 15-20 mph North winds, but I'm really looking forward to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky