Fatty disaster = Fantastic meatloaf

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by cahusky, Jun 29, 2008.

1. I was aiming for another pizza fatty last night but an overzealous stuffing of pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, onions and sundried tomatoes led to a serious blowout during the roll up phase. Unfettered, I took the huge lump of sausage and gooey filling and dumped it into a bread pan and tossed it on the smoker. 3.5 hours later I had one of the best meatloafs my family has ever eaten. Necessity is the mother of invention as they say!

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats, this sounds to me like one of those recipes (recipe amounts) I could never repeat again !!!

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Thats it never a bad fatty/meatloaf good job [​IMG]

4. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

unreal what you may think is something going south, and how a little creativity can turn that compass needle back north!!! great job, shuda qviewd it anyway!!!

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

There you go, take something bad and make it good. We all find ways to cover our not rights.

6. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good save, Cahusky. Somebody pitched one out the other day. You know the ingred. are good just have to impro. Nice job.

7. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Excellent, see it wasn't a disaster, that batch a goodies just didn't wan't ta be a fatty, they wanted ta be a meatloaf! Ifin ya can eat it, it's a success!