Fatty Deserves It's Own Category!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I think since the introduction of stuffing fatties a year or so back that we should break it out of the sausage or pork or beef category and give it own category! It's really taken on it own following!!! Therefore royal members of OTBS I bequest of thee to give the fatty it's place at the categorial round table of SMF!!!
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about that the other day when I read a post w rolling tips.
Hadn't even occurred to me. Saw that freezing for 45 mn helps as well.
LOTS of different recipes etc.

I would agree too. I have never made a fattie and am still trying to grasp the concept and I think a fattie FAQ sticky under the categorie would be helpful too.

I'm a greenhorn and I'm just taking a stab of what it is. But from my understanding a fattie is loose sausage layed out about an inch think and then stuffed with whatever one fells like, rolled, wrapped in bacon (optional?) and then smoked to perfection.
Is there a specific internal temperature you shoot for?

Definitely optional. Fatties can be very individual. I don't even use pork in mine. I use turkey sausage and sometimes mix it with ground turkey.

Instead of the bacon I cover mine with some marinated roasted red bell peppers which keeps it moist during the smoke.

Still very delicious!

I think the wonderful and magnificent fatty does deserve a special place but if it has it's own forum, then do you think that brisket, butts, ribs, all deserve their own? Just throwing that out there

did the mods do it yet?? should be a place for the Cuisine of the gods..

Its true they are god like, Bow to the FATTY GODS
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
This was my first attempt and Oh Boy!!! I will make Alot of them this summer, I made a breakfast one - Ham, cheese and chopped egg and an onion, pepper and mozzeralla as a test. Next I will will do chopped spinache, fresh garlic, mushroom and swiss cheeze. So eazy and deliscious
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Heres the Qview
7349f0b2_vbattach18552.jpg

c8428296_vbattach18551.jpg

d203137c_vbattach18550.jpg

7b64d8cf_vbattach18549.jpg

d9ad3b04_vbattach18548.jpg

Difference is that brisket would be in the beef category, butts in the port, etc....fatties can be many many different meats!

The so many diverse recipes that people have come up with for fatties is what caused the notion for the idea of it's own section! Now if we could get someone to whisper this to Jeff....
wink.gif

I agree, since fatties can be made out of just about any ground up meat and stuffed with just as many variables. It would deffinately be easier to decide which catagory to post under.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky