1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fatties, the finally - smoked it.

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by gmc2003, May 26, 2018.

1. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Thanks Charlotte, I hoping that means good. Oh well back to google definitions for British slang.

Gaffer Chris. :)

2. CharlotteLovesFood

CharlotteLovesFood Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Haha yes Gaffer Chris...crackin, smashin, bostin all good terms :D we have a 'Bostin Baps' near us because the food is apparently 'bloody bostin' :p hahaha you can always ask me if not google

3. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Do you probe your fattys or just use an instant read?

4. gmc2003

I usually let it fly until the bacon is done. I do probe(insta-read) occasionally and shoot for 165* especially with hamburger. With sausage I usually go by the bacon. Which is why I like thin sliced. If your bacon isn't crisping up then you can always pop it under the brioler for a minute or so to crisp it up.

Chris

5. gmc2003

Jiffylush, funkadelik and bassthumb32 thanks for the read and like. Appreciate it.

Chris

6. nanuk

nanuk Meat Mopper ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I NEVER tire of reading about good food!

and Fatties are the bomb!

These are soon on my list!

Your Fatties are an inspiration!

Thank you for the tutorial! It well explains how the process goes and you make it look easy!

one question:
    when you slice and vac seal, do you then freeze? If so, what is the best way to prepare the frozen slices?

this may become a staple at my camp!

7. gmc2003

Thanks nanuk, Yes I do freeze. Most of the time I bring them to work for lunch and just use the microwave. I have reheated them in a toaster-oven and they were good, it just took to long.

Chris