Fatties and Turkey

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by 7000ft smoker, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Im thinking about putting a few fatties above the turkey in my ECB. Im thinking that the grease drippings will do a good job basting the skin. Anybody done this? Sorry guys no Qview till turkey day. Speaking of Fatties... I was talking to a few folks at work about the "Fatty" and most had never seen or heard about it. I was coming up with ideas for what to stuff it with... had the co-workers drooling... not only that but i was given some great ideas... one hell of a way to get paid for discussing fatties!

2. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Boy you are on to something there...Maybe even put a pork butt above it..I have never done that but it sounds like it would work

3. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hell, why stop there?
    Put a brisket above a butt that is above some ABts that are above a chuckie over top the bird [​IMG]

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sure Jim he has a 6' ft tall smoker and then he could smoke all of that but I thiink it would work. It would really be juicey for sure. Ok first it's brisket then it the butt and then the abt's and then a chuckie and then don't forget the turkey and wasn't there some chicken in there too. Ok then you get a really big loaf of bread and a handful of cheese and you'll have one heck of a sandwiches. You talk about a good thanksgiven day feast.