Fattie question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gonavy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
For folks that have done a bacon weave fattie using hamburger, do they stay together after cooking well enough to slice thin (maybe inch to inch and half thick) to place on a burger bun, just curious.  Seems like they would fall apart, so I don't know because I have never made or eaten a fattie, but looks interesting.  Not sure if what I am asking is even the proper way to eat a fattie.  I guess if I want it on bun to just make a beer can burger, but just thinking I could probably get six or so burgers out of a fattie and take up way less room in the smoker then making six or so BC burgers, leaving much more room for stuff like mac&cheese, corn etc..or even some ribs.

Haven't thought of burgers from a fatty, I like it.

I use potato flakes as needed instead of bread crumbs for my burgers. The flakes pull in just the right amount of moisture and really bond the meat well with minimal shrinkage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky