• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

fattie quartet

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
had a bit of a fattiefest one day, just for practice and to stock the freezer

ma mise - fresh basil & oregano, sauteed onions & shrooms, chopped garlic, sauteed red chard, pan roasted tomatoes (to get rid of excess moisture and concentrate flavor), sauteed pancetta bits; feta, provolone,mozz, cheddar.  plus dried spices & herbs-garlic powder, old bay, ital. herb mixture, CBP, salt, ? (sometimes I just grab somethinng at the last minute and sprinkle it on - it's all to one's personal taste, anyway)

greek influenced (needed kalamata olives-oops, I was all out) ground beef; fresh garlic, basil & oregano, seasoned feta, red chard and tomatoes

trying out some "less bacony" wraps. 

a pizza variation-fresh garlic & herbs, provolone, onions, mushroom, chopped green pepper, mozz, tomatoes

less bacon; sprinkled seasoings on the inside of the wrap, to get it on the meat and bacon, before rolling.

pizza no. 2 - a little bit of everything

cheezburger-garlic, onions, fried pancetta bits, green pepper, cheddar, tomato.  denser weave, since who doesn't like plenty of bacon on their cheeseburger? again, seasoned the inside of the wrap to get the flavors on the meat. oh, and thanks for the beer - mmmm.  just what I needed about then.

top to bottom: Pizza I, Greek-ish, Pizza II, & Cheeseburger

ta da.

from top, pizza, greek, cheeseburger, pizza II on the side

the greek, next day.  the rest go into the freezer - might need to make a little more room for them....

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Great fatties! I especially like the one in the freezer! I love your range of ingredients. Nice change-up with the Greek, love that!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Looks awesome
, did ya put some cure in there?

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I really like the Greek Fattie it looks awesome and this is just the practice run. Man we might be in trouble there gentlemen this crazy woman is making some good looking fatties. Now what's in the one in the freezer I have never seen that one before.?????

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Those look GREAT!

Smoking wood type?

Smoker temp & time?

Internal temp at finish?

Sorry, but you make food look that good, you're gonna get questions, 

Bear

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Those look GREAT!

Smoking wood type?

Smoker temp & time?

Internal temp at finish?

Sorry, but you make food look that good, you're gonna get questions, 

Bear
Wow, Thanks!   I'm flattered to be asked...   I know this is important info, but being a noob to the forum, didn't want to go all long and wordy.

The wood was a combination of 2 oz each of cherry and cabernet barrel chips (from www.barbecuewood.com  in Yakima, WA-lots of variety). They do sell sawdust, too.

I have a CSE, I didn't preheat.  Set the temp at 225 when the fatties went on.

Started @ 6:40pm, outdoor temp 59; pulled at 8:55 with IT of 169. That seems kind of fast, but should be correct.

The beer is a Deschutes Brewery Jubeale, just for any inquiring minds out there. The vodka is very tasty, but the fatties make a much better sandwich. It does make me smile when I open my freezer though. smiling even more now that there's good meats waiting there as well!

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 18, 2009
wow, what a fattie feast!

excellent Q view! 

and now i know i'm definitely going to have to try a Greek fatty!   thanks for the inspiration! 

i totally agree, fatties in the freezer make me smile too.

i'm amazed at how well they freeze and reheat directly from the freezer to the microwave. 

deliciousness is only moments away!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wow, Thanks!   I'm flattered to be asked...   I know this is important info, but being a noob to the forum, didn't want to go all long and wordy.

The wood was a combination of 2 oz each of cherry and cabernet barrel chips (from www.barbecuewood.com  in Yakima, WA-lots of variety). They do sell sawdust, too.

I have a CSE, I didn't preheat.  Set the temp at 225 when the fatties went on.

Started @ 6:40pm, outdoor temp 59; pulled at 8:55 with IT of 169. That seems kind of fast, but should be correct.

The beer is a Deschutes Brewery Jubeale, just for any inquiring minds out there. The vodka is very tasty, but the fatties make a much better sandwich. It does make me smile when I open my freezer though. smiling even more now that there's good meats waiting there as well!
Awesome!
Thanks a lot !

My son usually does fatties, and gives me some, but I'm gonna have to do some myself, after seeing yours!

Bear

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
I'll be happy to help make room and help you finish up that vodka!  

Great looking fatties!  Thanks for the Qview!  

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I'm so excited that we are going to have atleast 3 girls in the throwdown! WooHoo!

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
oh, I wasn't planning to throwdown, I was just getting some ideas out!   I am flattered, though, might be worthy someday..... 

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
oh, I wasn't planning to throwdown, I was just getting some ideas out!   I am flattered, though, might be worthy someday..... 
Those pics look more than worthy to me.

You're only allowed one pic.

If you were to make more in secret, then put one of the Fatties on a plate, in a picture, with about half of it sliced in about 1" slices (showing that beautiful internal goodness), with the code words in the picture, and a good inviting description, you'd be right up there with the best of 'em!

Did you ever have a bear steer you wrong?

Bear

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Those look great from here. Any one of them would be a worthy entry. Congrats on a great smoke

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Dangit. I got my hopes up. Come on, your fatties are more than worthy! I've never made a fattie and I'm still gonna enter. It's all about the fun of it. I have already decided that no matter what my fattie looks like, even if it is like the poor little homeless fattie, I'm still entering!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.