Fattie Benedict

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Southeastern PA
I posted this fattie in a dinner thread that I made a few weeks ago. I made another one today, so I figured I would post it in the fatty section.

First, I scrambled up 4 eggs seasoned with salt, pepper, and Franks hot sauce. I added some American cheese and put it in the fridge to cool down.

Next, I flattened the sausage in a freezer bag, put it on wax paper, put the cooled down eggs on it, rolled it up, then tightened it by wrapping it in Saran Wrap.

Then off to a 250 degree smoker. While that was cooking, I whipped up some hollandaise sauce. I took 8 egg yolks and put them in a stainless steel bowl with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I got my immersion blender, because I'm lazy, and blended it until it was doubled in size. I then put the bowl on top of a small pot containing barely simmering water and SLOWLY added 1 cup of melted butter. I continued to whip it with the blender until it doubled in size again. I then added a pinch of salt and a pinch of cayenne.

Next, I thawed out a sheet of puff pastry and put it on a pice of lightly floured wax paper. When the fatty hit 160, I let it cool down some and brushed the pastry sheet with a beaten egg. I cut the pastry sheet to size and wrapped it around the fatty. I sealed the edges with the beaten egg and cut three slits in the top to allow steam to escape. I put it in a 400 degree oven and baked it for 15 minutes.
I let it cool down some, drizzled it with the hollandaise sauce, and had an awesome brunch!

You can add anything you want to the eggs. I would've added bacon, but I was all out. Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Jabiru
I can't believe I missed this, but it looks like I'm not the only one.

That looks Awesome!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Super Job Flyboys!!!

Bear

Hey Flyboys

Great looking fattie.  Its only 3 in the afternoon, but I'm already looking at the kitchen.  Only thing is I just don't like Franks hot sause--seems like there's just not much flavor beyond vinagre.  So I would probably change that out.  But, no other changes.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky