Fat Drip on Bark

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LonghornMick

Original poster
Mar 22, 2018
I just purchased a Stump's Smoker/trailer and pick it up in 2 weeks. I have historically used a Horizon stick burner with only 1 shelf and all the grease drips to the bottom - no impact on the bark.

I bought this to do more competitions and, since the Stump's Smokers are boxes and have layered shelves, I am worried about my bark.

My question is, do I need to be doing anything special in term of how I layer my meat, or rotate it, so that the bark on the meat on the bottom racks isn't ruined by the grease drip from above - or is this simply not a problem? I assume I don't want a brisket on top of a chicken, but other than that, any tips, tricks, or advice are welcomed!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky