Fassett's Franks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Hot out of the smokehouse, cold water bath and into the frying pan for dinner!
Didn't get a pic after they were cooked, too much of a hurry getting them into the bath (had to wash up them dirty little critters! lol!), but same view from the business end of a frypan!

Hanging around waiting for heat!

Gettin' more heat for dinner, snuggled up to hash browns and onions!

FASSETT'S

FRANKS

One of my dad's sausages (frankfurters) he used to make!

Pop's do you emulsify or just fine grind and throughly mix?them sure look tastey.

Damn! They look so good, I almost licked my computer screen
biggrin.gif

Not done fiddlin' with it yet, this batch had too much of something, have to figure out what.

mix with meats, add water and fine grind 3 times then stuff.

Lookin mighty fine pops, mighty fine indeed! Cob smoked, ahhhh, I member grandad smokin with cob. Danged hard ta find anymore but can be had, gotta get some this fall.

Nothin like a good quality frank!

Pops, morning. Tell me more about "cob" smokin'.  I've got about 500 sweet corn plants that will be harvested in about 2 months. I've got a drying shed where garlic and onions dry. We usually strip the cobs and freeze the corn for all year use. Of course a lot is eaten fresh too.

Do you use them whole like you would in a stick burner ?? Grind somehow and put in an electric heat pot ??  Add to  charcoal or wood sticks ??

I could run them thru the dado blade and make "dust" for the home made smoke gen I guess ?? Interesting....very interesting....time to learn something new today....Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky