Fassett's Franks

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by pops6927, Mar 7, 2010.

1. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hot out of the smokehouse, cold water bath and into the frying pan for dinner!
    Didn't get a pic after they were cooked, too much of a hurry getting them into the bath (had to wash up them dirty little critters! lol!), but same view from the business end of a frypan!

Hanging around waiting for heat!

Gettin' more heat for dinner, snuggled up to hash browns and onions!

2. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

they look delicious Pops , but what is a Fassett's Frank?

3. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

FASSETT'S

FRANKS

One of my dad's sausages (frankfurters) he used to make!

4. grampyskids

grampyskids Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

C'mon Pops, this looks to good to keep to yourself. May we have the recipe; pretty please.

5. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Pop's do you emulsify or just fine grind and throughly mix?them sure look tastey.

6. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Damn! They look so good, I almost licked my computer screen[​IMG]

7. pops6927

Not done fiddlin' with it yet, this batch had too much of something, have to figure out what.

8. pops6927

mix with meats, add water and fine grind 3 times then stuff.

9. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

That had to be good [​IMG]

10. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lookin mighty fine pops, mighty fine indeed! Cob smoked, ahhhh, I member grandad smokin with cob. Danged hard ta find anymore but can be had, gotta get some this fall.

Nothin like a good quality frank!

11. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

[​IMG]as always.

12. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Pops, morning. Tell me more about "cob" smokin'.  I've got about 500 sweet corn plants that will be harvested in about 2 months. I've got a drying shed where garlic and onions dry. We usually strip the cobs and freeze the corn for all year use. Of course a lot is eaten fresh too.

Do you use them whole like you would in a stick burner ?? Grind somehow and put in an electric heat pot ??  Add to  charcoal or wood sticks ??

I could run them thru the dado blade and make "dust" for the home made smoke gen I guess ?? Interesting....very interesting....time to learn something new today....Dave

13. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looks great Pops ! [​IMG]

14. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They look great Pops!   [​IMG]