Fancy Wood Products. (Bear Jr)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are superb.

Are you guys located near Lake Wallenpaupack? I used to go there every year as a kid.

Thank You!!
We used to have a Lot with a Mobile Home & a Boat slip, at Wallenpaupack.
It's about 80 miles North of My Den.

Bear

Is he into selling and shipping any of these incredible works?

He sells a lot of these things on ETSY, and some more locally.
Link:

Rustic Legends WoodWorks by RusticLegendWoodworx on Etsy

And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great work! I love that cutting board!
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
Yeah, his cutting boards are expensive, but they're all End Grain.
Many in stores are "Edge Grain".
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I've been a woodworker all my life Bear and I gotta tell you, that's some damned fine work right there. Super attention to detail and great mixes of wood. Just curious, does Bethany do the artwork on the ocean themed pieces? I believe you mentioned once that she's a very talented artist.

Robert

Thank You Robert!
No, Bethany stays out of the shop pretty much. She has her own places in their house. She went from Beautiful Decorative Cakes to Scenic Paintings, and now painting Wild Animals & Pets for people.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

you say he's on ETSY, What is the shop name? I tried off the tag, but maybe I'm just not reading it right?

I put a Link in my Original Post now.
And the one Jake posted in Post #11 will get you there too.

Bear

Reactions: Alsta
I had a roommate many years ago (carpenter by trade) that turned out wood bowls very much like your son's stuff. He asked me if I thought he could sell them in a store somewhere. I told him that they belonged in an art gallery, not Target. Same goes for Bear Jr.'s work.

Thank You Mike!!
Appreciate the Compliment.

Bear

Those are really incredible. The added colors too really enhance these. I've mentioned before how talented your Family is, and it really shows. Thanks for sharing. I have literally no woodworking skills, lol. And it makes me appreciate the attention to detail much more.

Thank You Mike!!
I should have mentioned, all of the colors in these Pieces are the Natural colors of the individual Species of Woods.
No Stains or colorings have been used.
And Thanks for the Like, Mike.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Thank You Mike!!
I should have mentioned, all of the colors in these Pieces are the Natural colors of the individual Species of Woods.
No Stains or colorings have been used.
And Thanks for the Like, Mike.

Bear
That makes it more incredible! I had no idea that's the natural colors of the wood. I learned something, today's a good day.

Wow, those cheese boards look beautiful. I have a friend getting married in November, he is from Eastern PA - I think I know what he is getting as a wedding gift.

If only I had 1/10th that amount of talent at anything.... Very impressive.
Thank You, but don't sell yourself short.
I'm betting you have plenty of Talents.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Well Bear your son as i know you know has a great talent. The wood and resin work as fantastic and each piece is its own work of art
Thanks for showing us these.
David

Thank You David!!
Bear Jr is 3rd generation Woodworker, and is currently refining his skills.
He does make us all proud.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That makes it more incredible! I had no idea that's the natural colors of the wood. I learned something, today's a good day.

Yup---Purpleheart, Redheart, Yellowheart, Cocobolo, Paduak, Bubinga, etc are some of the woods he uses for accents. No stains needed for their Bright colors.

Bear

Thank You David!!
Bear Jr is 3rd generation Woodworker, and is currently refining his skills.
He does make us all proud.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Well i have to say, he is refining them very well. And 3rd gen. woodworker, very nice . And he at least had the knowledge from family to gather from, just knowing the tools ,how to use and the skills to cary on with them
Well done
Tried to get my son to work with me , not his thing, Too early to get up and carpentry is not always a clean job. At least thats what i think he thinks. But he does like to cook . At least he took that part of my life, lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky