Family Gathering w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

calis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Tr-Cities Washington
I had a big family gathering this week. I tossed a couple butts, a brisket, potatoes and corn on the smoker. Everything came together just about right, although I think the brisket could have cooked longer in the smoker, it was a little bit tough, but still very edible and quite tasty...and it was my first brisket. I smoked with apple for the first 4 hours and then switched to hickory as I ran out of apple.

The brisket was at 160 when I pulled it from the smoker. I put it on the propane grill and slowly brought it's temperature up to 185. It only had about 8 hours of time on the smoker, then rain attacked us for a little bit and I found it nearly impossible to keep the temp up on the smoker.

Ahhh that mother nature, she's got a way of messing with our smokes. I'd guess that if you would've been able to keep it low and slow and foiling, you'll get it to that more tender texture you were looking for.

That's awful that you'll have to do this again. LOL

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Every thing looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great looking Q. We need tastavision and smellavision as Emeril would say.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks great. We all love tender beef. But I have no problem if a flavorful piece has some chew to it. The flavor is the most important thing, to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky