Family christmas pork and brisket with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porkpuller

Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Waukee, IA
Will be smoking a pork butt and two briskets today for 30 people. putting them on at 6: 30am and will be eating around 5. Here are the boys waiting to be put on the smoker. Smoking temp.will be 240 on my MES. Looks like my phone won't let me put pics on so I will get that figured out pronto! BRB

Finally got it figured out. Will be updating throughout the smoke! Might be time for a bloody mary though!!

Last edited:
Looks good so far! Depending on how much they weigh it looks to me like you might be eating a little later than 5:00, the briskets seem to stall more often than the butts, but you never know, each piece of meat is different. Keep up the Q-view. Good luck, I'm sure your guests will appreciate your hard work. 

Briskets were at 165 at noon so I foiled them up.  Butt is looking good.....and I don't mean MINE! 
icon_wink.gif

The final product!  Sorry it took me so long....got involved in the christmas thang!!!

One brisket seemed a little on the dry side, one was just right!  Pork butt was excellent....decided to shave it rather than pull it.  

bb254060_100_6302.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the final product.    One brisket was a bit overdone and on the dry side, the other was fall apart tasty!  I decided to shave the pork rather than pull it .....  YUMMMY!

94272284_100_6301.jpg

Last edited:
For a very long time the brisket was the one that always seemed to beat me but, no more!  Keep at it and you efforts will pay off regardless of how many you shove in a smoker! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky