Fajita

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johno

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
texas , queensland
G,day all , just like to know if any of you guys have a good beef Fajita recipe that you might like to share , never made em , is there a sauce that goes in with the meat once it is ready for the tortila.or is it cooked and served in the marinade .thanks in advance .

i cheat and use a pre-made pkg but here is one i found but not tested...seems to be the right spices...generally the spices are added to the meat and the veggies..i spray my veggies with a little bit of cooking spray or put some EVOO on them so they dont stick and so the spices stick to the veggies better

there is no sauce to speak of... i actually grill my flank steak and veggies then roll in tortillas...add pico de gallo etc etc

1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (I prefer more ...)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or pinch of cayenne, to taste)

http://www.recipezaar.com/81428

thanks for that , but it looks more like a rub recipe , what do you do with it , from what i have found on the net the meat is marinated, i have never seen or tasted a fajita .but i was looking about in another forum and some guy was cooking it on an old plough disc cooker and i thought it looked quite tasty.
so then i did a google and found millions of recipes that why i though some one may be able to narrow it down to one or two good ones .

Here is a recipe from Alton Brown of the show Good Eats on our Food TV Network. I don't think I would cook the meat on the coals as he suggests, but it will give you another idea on the marinade. I would also marinate the peppers and onions and grill them. Wrap sliced meat with some peppers and onions in a flour tortilla to make the fajita.

Hope this helps.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._24088,00.html

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

when you use skirt steak for fajita's you really dont need to marinate them because they should be thin and cooked fast... a simple coating of spices, olive oil , soy sauce would do just fine..but marinating wont hurt at all

If you can get skirt steak that has been tenderized, that is what I would use. I would also marinate it in lime juice or Dr. Pepper for a while to further tenderize it. Slicing is the key. Be sure to slice across the grain, slice thin, and on a diagonal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky