Evergood Luisiana Hot Links!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

albert43

Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
Southern California
Happy Fourth of July to you all!

I bought some hot links to throw in the kettle with some ribs today but don't really know how to smoke them? They're "naturally cured". I'm smoking at 150 degrees with hickory wood. Is that a good temp for hot links? Also do I pierce the casing or just leave as is?

Sounds good Frosty! I think I'll smoke them as is. Another question I have is if they'd be able to take smoke throughout the whole cooking process or if I should stop smoking half way into their readiness.

I'm going to assume these are the 'fully cooked' variety available in most outlets so I'd smoke all the way. I'm thinking you're pretty much just warming them anyway unless they happen to be raw.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky