Ever See One of These?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2009
Pamatai, Tahiti
I was called to my boss's house today to repair their washer, here is what I found sitting on the counter, anyone know what it is?

beb0a655_Coconutshredder003.jpg

dea5ea55_Coconutshredder001.jpg

Direct drive,1250 rpm's with your fingers just 1/4" away.

Gene

Maybe it's a homemade contraption made for only one purpose. Can't imagine what though, but I'm sure there will be some great comments on the design. Just wait until Bear sees it.

OMG!!

That thing would tear your hide off!!

Definitely NOT OSHA Approved!!!

Todd

Wow!

Hmmm, Stainless steel---gotta be for food.

Looks like some kind of a peeler, but it would have to be for something large, because of the angle---It's not made to throw things in---It's made to hold things against it.---Coconut peeler/scraper??

I'll be very interested to hear what it really is!

Bear

Last edited:
There's hundreds, if not thousands of these in use, I shudder every time I here someone operating one of them.

Bear is correct, it's a coconut shredder, they split the coconut in half and hold it in their hands against the spinning rasp, the coconut meat is captured by the stainless bowl, the shredded coconut is then squeezed for it's milk.

Have a good day friends,

Gene

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky