ET-73 Modification (My Version)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
ADA, MI
Everyone Iv'e ever talked to seems to have a problem with the distance range of the et-73, me included. While I like the features it has especially the high and low alarmed settings, it doesn't do much good when it has to sit just inside the door to be within range, and not within hearing distance of my bedroom when I want to get a little shut eye during a long smoke, sooooo.... I had an idea :idea: I have a baby moniter for when my grandbabies visit, I took the moniter and put it next to the thermometer and alas I now have a range of over 1000ft :)

Nice tip Theresa, I gotta set of 'em kicking around here from when the grandsons were babies. Going to have to get them out soon anyhoo when the granddaughter arrives. Just as well get some use out of 'em with or without the babies around!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky