English Walnut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghost308

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Missouri
I just scored a nice load of english walnut and have a new load of oak comming next week, enough to last me the rest of this year and well into 2008, I fuel my smoker with nothing but wood, so far the walnut I've tried was very nice but I mix it with maple and oak, I might just grab all the walnut I can since it's free, it sure is pretty wood it's a damn shame someone knocked it down and left it lay the trunk was probally 40 inches across.

walnut has a really strong flavor doesnt it?
this reminds me of a chunk of walnut i found last winter on our hunting grounds, forgot to go back and get it.

same here
biggrin.gif
but i would like to try it sometime,

NASTY ICKY leave it lay, and i also read were it might be toxic, not sure but i did try it once and will never do that again

Nasty ? munches another boneless rib finger ........ Icky ? ,,,,, licks juice off fingers ,, Poison ? ,,,, reaches for another one ,, who cares !!! belchhhhhhhhhhhhhh .Remember I'm useing it for fuel not as a main smoking wood and I'm mixing it with maple and oak , I wouldn't recomend useing just the walnut it would be to strong.

exactly... some say mesquite(skeet) is too strong... it's all personal preference....personally to me... it makes great guitar necks.... i've sen people burn up curly & bird'seye maple ... to me thatsa better fit for a luthier... just cause i know how expensive it is & building musical insturments- i know the true value...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky