en crusted ABT's /ABT's in a blanket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

white cloud

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Riley Center MI
I just got done stuffin my ABT's with cream cheese, chopped smoked ham and diced onion also wrapped in bacon. But while making these had a thought. Has anyone ever after smoking or even the next day Wrapped the ABT's in refridgerated cresent roll dough.? Turds in a Diaper Ha Ha Just thought I would throw the idea out there. Well off to the smoker....

It sounds like a good idea there sir! Just make sure if you do that, not to leave the turds in the smoker as long as normal as i would think that the extra time in the oven might make them a bit too soft. Just my two cents, but I think it is a great idea for a trial run!!

Brent

DUDE.......GREAT idea...........we have some left over abts' from the last time we had em.......yeah i know, i know..........

but tomorrow, going to give that a shot........thankx cloud.....great idea

Sounds like a cool idea. I am doing my first ABT's today and I do have some leftover pizza dough in the fridge....hmmmmm.

I am curious whether or not these ABT's will require me to go out and buy diapers?

Interesting idea, White Cloud. Sound like something I'm gonna try...Thanks for the idea.

Cheers,
Brian

I bet it would be good cooked around the ABT as a reheat deal. In other words, smoke em first, cool, then wrap with dough and bake!!

ABTID VERY INTERESTING SUPER IDEA FOR FOR SUPER SUNDAY.
let us know on this got to many irons in the smoker now maybe500 sunday for sure

ahhhh steve.........think he was talking bout where the abt's will be exiting the next day
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

White Cloud, That is an awesome idea, I have my first ever batch of abts in the smoker right now, guess I should have made more because I don't think there will be any leftover, but next time I am going to try it for sure. Wish I could do a qview but the software for the camera causes our new computer to crash, hopefully by next time anyway awesome idea,
Travis

doing my hot smoking today.........so tomorrow........all the abts will be dun in the oven.........
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif

but, just in my case........i don't get much of a smokey taste from the smoker..........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky