Emergency Chicken Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turfmunch

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I am smoking 4 bone-in chicken breasts (Q-view to follow) and they are done way before I anticipated them to be.

I expected them to take another 1 hr and 45 minutes but they are at 165 right now.

What is the best way to keep them warm and fresh while the remainder gets done?

What is the longest you'd do this before jeopardizing the chicken?

Help.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Try double wrapping in foil and wrap that packet in a towel and put it in an insulated cooler. They should stay hot wrapped that way. Another would be to put them in a foil covered pan along with a little liquid, and put it in a very slow oven - say 170°F.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Don't worry. If you can put them in a container, line a cooler with a few folded towels and keep them covered you'll be fine. The bacteria you're worried about won't survive above 140ºF.

Hope this helps ya out and Best wishes.

yes what they say-all is fine-they might go up a few * but thats fine-and they will stay moist that way-check 1/2 hr. before din. and maybe if needed put in oven.

Wise men tell you the truth wrap it and into da cooler

excellent. I'm going to go withthe cooler wrap. Thanks. I'll post the q-view later
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

don't forget the foil and towel very important

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky