Ello from north louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

-devil-

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
north louisiana
well i just found this place, while browsing around on the net for some more ideas... so here i am! ...

who am i tho? .. hmmm well i am Freddy ... born and raised in north Louisiana ... and did some time in south Arkansas (it was not voluntary i swear, my mom drug me up there for almost 14 years before i could move back to Louisiana) ...

now that i am back home ... i have settled down with a family ... living in the country ... (grew up in the city) ...

i have had an old offset horizontal smoker that i used as a normal BBQ grill ... but a few months ago i decided to give smoking a try ... heh, it changed my life! ... now i want to do it every weekend! ... lol

i just picked up a few slabs of ribs and some sausage ... filled up the small part with charcoal and lit it ... after spreading the meats out up top .. with a small pan of water ...

about 4 hours later it was ready ... and a few min after that i couldn't even hardly walk i was so full ...

yeah i got a lot more to learn ... but i can tell it is gonna be a 'fulfilling' experience... lol ...

OK enough of the BS .. i could type for days...

welcom to SMF freddy. This is the place to be if you want to get into smoking. I have learned more than I thought possible here. You might want to check out jeffs free 5 day E-course on smoking. Make sure to ask lts of questions here it will always have an answer .

Welcome to the SMF,Freddie. We're glad to have you.There are some more Louisiana people around here that will chime in soon.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge here and people are willing to share it with you. If you have any questions feel free to ask and someone will be along shortly...

Welcome and smoke on
icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF the best BBQ site on the net
icon_exclaim.gif

You will love it here lots of GOOD info & experience to learn from
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

thanks for the welcomes...

so far i have been reading through everything ... main thing it is making me ... is hungry! ... looks like i will be doing it again this weekend ... got to go get some meats and such first though ...

i will be signing up for that 5 day peice for sure ... and i am quite sure i will have questions as i come across stuff ...

Don't forget the Q-view
icon_razz.gif

Questions are very welcome here
confused.gif
. It even makes us happy to answer them we all love to share what we have learned & experienced
icon_exclaim.gif

Hmmm, I did 35 years worth of time in Southern Arkansas & loved nearly every minute of it. But I must say the last 15 years in the Ozarks have been much better. I wonder if it's the scenery or the fact that I'm that much farther away from North Louisiana that makes it better? Oh well welcome anyway.

i just found out the 'vintage' grill i have .. (IE, rusty) ... is still being made ... never knew i cost that much tho ... it has been around for at least 20 years ... and shows every one of them ..

a Brinkman Smoke-n-pit Pitmaster ...

if i had a choice it woulda been the Ozarks as well for me ... but south arkansas is where my mom took us .. (camden to be exact) ... it wasn't to bad ... but at the age i was .. the move sucked ... from a town of 80k+ to one that barely had 12k in it .. lol

a little later, i am going to head on into town and see what i can find in the meat dept ... then i am sure i will be making a few more posts in some other sections ... hah! ...

Welcome to the site. I'm from Bossier City, myself, but I ride the Triumph all through N. LA. Don't forget the 5-day ecourse. I am on day two myself.

i have signed up for it .. =)

a bike or car? ... i live outside of west monroe ... about a 10 min drive from calhoun or eros ...

as for a diet ... haha i gave up on that a while ago ... 260lbs and happy ! ...

canada eh? ... i spent about a month in thunder bay ontario .. nice country up there ... sure would enjoy that weather right about now lol....

just got back from the store ... have two 4lb chickens ... and two 8lb beef cuts ... gonna get them seasioned up tomorrow .. and prob saturday i will spend the day outside getting a sunburn and smokin my pipe .. while keepin an eye on the fire and such ...

Hello Freddy, and welcome to the SMF. Read around, you'll find plenty of good help from our friendly and helpful members.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky