Electric Smokers???

Discussion in 'Pork' started by johnnyk68, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Wasnt sure where to post this and I am sorry its in the wrong section but I kow it will be seen here. I have a Brinkman SNP Pro. Latley I have been thinking of getting an electric smoker (yea I know that goes against the rules, but I really need the convenience right now) what is a good brand for say 400-500 bucks that will hold plenty of meat, be easy to use, and do a nice job? I will always use my Brinkman, but I know I have a few times that it just dosent hold enough, so I figured the electric was the way to go. Thanks guys.

2. ma?tley ca 1/4 e

ma?tley ca 1/4 e Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I personally haven't seen a large electric. Doesn't mean they aren't out there. If you want convenience, go with gas.

3. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yo jk68,
    i have a charbroil electric water smoker.
    it has 2 raccks.
    ican do 10 lb ham on bottom rack,
    while i do a 12 lb turkey on top .

it costs about 80 bucks at home depot.

4. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

You can also check out Cabelas for some ideas on what is out there, The sausage maker (www.sausagemaker.com) has some good ones or do what I did and build one out of an old refrigerator.

5. You can look at some Electric Smokers here. New to smoking and needed the convenience too. I've smoked eggs, cheese, chicken, pork and beef since I got it and am pleased so far. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/home.htm