• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Electric insert mod idea...

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 12, 2017
I am in planing stage to make 2000 watts, quick change, BBQ electric heater insert... idea is to build exact ash tray replica of the original Vision kamado without air wents on front plate... Instead, front plate will have temp. switch dial knob and quick electrical disconect.... 8" heating element fits right inside of ash tray and electrical conections will be protected by high temp wool material and top ash tray cover... This way I should have charcoal and electrical options... reason for electrical option is mainly for easy temp. regulation... I will add smoke generator later on...
What do you think?
20191021_171040.jpg
20191021_171059.jpg
20191021_171119.jpg
20191021_171208.jpg

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Perhaps you know this but I believe Vision sells an electric conversion kit for their Kamado grills.

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Perhaps you know this but I believe Vision sells an electric conversion kit for their Kamado grills.
yes I know but man is, by the nature, meant to build things... it shouldn't cost more han 100$ vs couple of houndred bucks for OEM plug and play... beside, there is always case of beer to suport hard work...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks