elcheapo chile roaster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2008
NW Ohio - outside Toledo
I have been playing with ABT's that I have cut in half,but I really like the cored type. I'm a poor man(after the smoker purchase) and can't afford the $20 something for a chile cooker;sooo.. I used my southern ingenuity and made my own rom an inverted aluminum Lasagna pan.
I got my trusty case knife and made 12 little X's equally spaced and about 1/2in. long , after cleaning and stuffing the ABT's I just gently pushed them into the X and set it on my smoker rack. Works great and saved me enough to get some Ribs to go with them. Maybe we should add a "good ole boy's" home creation forum??? Hope this works for you.

Way to go!! I'm a big fan of Southern ingenuity
icon_smile.gif

The feed can create the need...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky