EL GORDO...Rustic Tex-Mex Fatty part 1

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by richoso1, Sep 15, 2007.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Flatten out the sausage and season with your preferred spices. I used Spanish smoked paprika, *Chimayo mild powder, and coarse smoked sea salt.
    ** Place thin sliced onion rings in the middle.
    Place a frozen chile relleno (Smart & Final) in the middle over the onion rings, and then cover it with thin sliced onions rings.
    Wrap it up like a burrito; rolling it might break the frozen chile relleno. Give it a Bud bath, and then dust outer sausage with your choice of spices.
    Place it in smoker at/near 225°, because it is a rustic Tex-Mex dish I used mesquite wood. Smoke it till inside temperature hits 170° and remove.
    Serving suggestion: Corn or flour tortillas and your brew of choice.

This recipe is wide open for interpretation, be my guest.
    * You can always sub chile powder for Chimayo powder, or most other chile powders.
    ** Onions are an option. I use fresh onions rings because I like them to have some texture, you can sauté the onions, omit them, your call. Here's the link to the finished work
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...?threadid=8483

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks good, by the way, smart and final has briskets for 1.59#

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be there in the morning!

4. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That looks great, I am going to have to try one of these "kicked up a notch" fattys one of these days

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Mmmmmmmmmm sounds good wish I could buy chile rellenos up here.

6. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks really good Rich, your a master of the art. [​IMG] For me though, I wouldn't like the onions like that, my uncle always told me, fry them in butter or bacon grease, when they brown, they cookin, when they black, they done! Seriously, I do like them fried crisp and brown. I will try your idea soon. Terry

7. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

i understand budbath using polish or brats

but whats a bud bath after wrapped in a burrito?

Wd