ECB elec to charcoal mod.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big e

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Crestwood,Kentucky
So I guess I can post here in the charcoal section now.

I was talking about converting my elec ECB to charcoal and I did it. I went to the local Lowes and did some recon on the ECB smokers. The only difference between the elec and the charcoal ones is the pan itself. One holds and element and some lavea rock and the other holds charcoal of course.

So I procured a charcoal from Lowes and switched them out. If I continue to use both charcoal and elec I will make another mod to the base to ease the swapping of the pans.

Now to the first charcoal smoke.

ya big E a real simple mod.lotsa ways that don't cost $ also-sorry I didn't see your post-I would-a helped before the wallet came out-I a pretty frugal guy-pm me if u need any more help

I need all kinds of help. The food prep is good, but I need help controlling the heat.

I posted another thread with the results of my first charcoal smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky