Easter Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
I'll join the turkey parade.
I thought this forum knew about pork and beef! they kick butt on turkey also.
I brined in salt and sugar overnight. I used the turkey frier hanger to keep her vertical, wired her legs up with SS safety wire. Spryed her down w/ apple juice and Capt Morgan 75%-25%.
Put her on the GOSM @ 7:00am. cherry, pecan and a little hickory. Smoker was running alittle hot, 250ish. Got her off when she hit 170 in the breast.
Rested in a towel for 2 hours and sliced. I had to stop eating scraps to write this. My son is all over me for the scraps, I can't make soup out of whats left of the bones.
Its so good. Thanks for all the info.
f388dfad_vbattach17471.jpg

7ce9502e_vbattach17472.jpg

Nice! Mine is still going. Hoping it will be out in the next hour. Your's is making me very hungry
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Turkey for Easter is a good change of pace.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky