Easter Ham Reheat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sanssord

Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Omaha, NE
I'm thinking about smoking a ham for Easter. On Jeff's recommendation from the newsletter, I'm planning to use a spirlal cut, bone-in ham. However, I will not have enough time on Easter Sunday to do the smoke that morning. I'm contemplating smoking it on Saturday, then reheating it on Sunday for lunch.

Question is - how do I make this work without drying it out? Should I smoke it until done on Saturday, then put it in a 230 degree oven on Sunday for an hour? I'm thinking I should wait to glaze it until Sunday when I'm re-heating. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would throw a little water in the bottom of the pan when reheating Sunday and wrap the whole tray tight in tin foil... the steam from the water in the pan should add some moistness... and i think your right by waiting to glaze on Sun.

Why don't you just get up early on saturday night and smoke it hot the first time and then you don't have to re-heat it at all. But if you do have to re-heat it you should get you a roasting tray you know one of those V-shaped thingies and add the ater in it too and use the steam like Steve said to do. I use steam to re-heat almost everything smoked that I re-heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky