Dutch Oven Lasagne

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnubee

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2008
Penticton BC
This Lasagne is a huge hit with everyone. Leaves regular Lasagne in the dust. I picked up this recipe at a fishing camp and have made it many times.

I used my Lodge 12" 3 leg Oven and Kingsford briquettes.

DUTCH OVEN PIZZA LASAGNA
Ingredients:
12 inch 3 legged Dutch Oven
Kingsford Briquettes
1 box (16 ounces.) Lasagne Noodles
1 jar (26 ounces.) Italian sauce
1 pound hamburger
1 pound Italian sausage
1 pound fresh sliced pepperoni
1 small can sliced black olives
1 small can sliced mushrooms
Chopped green pepper
1 package shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 package sliced Provolone cheese

Precook the Lasagne noodles till el denti (1/2 done), and store in cold water till ready to use.

Precook the hamburger and Italian sausage separately.
Add to the bottom of the Dutch about a 1/5th of each ingredient and top with 3 Lasagne noodles. Repeat 5 times. Each time I add noodles to the Dutch, I change the direction they lay. If you go north and south with the first layer, go east and west with the next. This helps to hold the entire thing together when served.

Briquettes 12 on bottom 6 on top

Cooking time is about 1 hour. This dish served 6 people with enough left over for 1 serving of cold pizza-lasagne the next morning. If you like cold pizza as a snack, you like this dish too.

LOL...will do goat.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky