Duck jerky in my new MES30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnvh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
NW. Washington
Sooo much better than in the oven!

65840_10150108752166103_521661102_7214584_988057_n.jpg

Last edited:
Please enlighten me on how you do this.  I LOVE to shoot ducks, and HATE to eat them.  I was taught to never kill what you won't eat so I suffer through a lot of bacon wrapped duck breast and gumbo (the only two satisfactory ways I've found to eat them.)  Hook me up with your recipe please.

icon_cool.gif

Now your jerky sounds and looks good and I think that you need to send some of that down south for a second opinion thou.

Agree'd Smoke, pisses me off to see people waste meat and animals.

Sure, Id send ya some if you want, haha.

Truth be told, its pretty easy really. I cheat and just use store bought jerky stuff, cut the duck breasts into layers, season them overnight, smoke them till they get to 160* with some sort of temp checker, and I used apple chips this time, then back it off to 150 for a couple hours. You can simply cook it in the oven too, with a dab of liquid smoke, but tastes way better with the real smoke!  Everyone at work keeps eating it all!

Pic of jerky making boxes and duck marinading.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky