Dry Cured Peperone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Recipe is from Charcuterie book pg 146. After fermentation i will be doing a mild cold smoker before temp/humidity hang.

NOTE

This recipe uses cure #2. Please do not attempt this in the dry cure form unless you are familiar with the dry cure process.

Someone on another forum heard that i'm getting out of the smoking/sausage making. Nope, Just need to re group on my ways.

My hog casing being soaked.
57a9d007_dcpep.jpg

BBL

Yeah thats what i said to.....Funny peeps

Here is the basic ingredients. Water and f-rm-52 not shown cuz i gotta go uptown quick.

Dpm

dextrose

kosher

smoked cayenne

smoked paprika

ground fennel

allspice

cure #2

dry red wine

15df8856_DCPEP1.jpg

Love your sausage making posts! You getting out of the sausage making...must have been some silly thoughts!
Yeah they musta been drinking something good....EH

90/10 GB

1/4 cup distilled water, mixed in 1/4 tsp f-rm-52

Peperone all stuffed, poked with holes all over to get the air pockets out and help dry time.

6a299e00_dcpep2.jpg

Its 86* inside my dry fridge so no need for lights. Hang time is for 12 hours.

d1733162_dcpep3.jpg

Time for temp/humidity

376e30ce_dcpep4.jpg

Day 2 in the dry fridge. The peperone is getting darker.

58ae95ec_PEPLONZ.jpg

Day 5.

Getting darker and happy.

16adf976_pepr55.jpg

Yup real close. Squeeze test is feeling good. Tomorrow i will cut 1" off the bottom of a link and check and do a PH test.

bc947808_dcpepr5.jpg

444663e8_dcpepr6.jpg

I don't usually post on threads, usually learn much and enjoy all of you.Can't tell you how happy I am that you are not getting out of the sausage business. I really am learning so much and enjoy going back thru past threads, especially every one of yours, Nepas,   Thanks to all of you, Ben

Not yet there.

543a99da_dcpepre.jpg

7cf5afb8_dcpepre1.jpg

Hang it back up for a few more days. Tasting like good peperone

66f74457_dcpepre2.jpg

aeaa5e95_dcpepre3.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky