Dry Cured Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Southern Cali.
Well i have been wanting to make dry cured sausage for awhile now so i did my research on-line and i decide it was time to give it a shot and here is what i got. and damn is it good!!!!!!!!

Here it is fermenting

de761c6d_IMG_20110809_162822.jpg

after fermentation

184c5811_IMG_20110813_124509.jpg

after curing for 2 weeks at 55 degrees  and 75-80% humidity

87cbcac2_IMG_20110822_120900.jpg

and the finished product!!!

f3af6e3a_IMG_20110822_120720.jpg

man its good!!!!!

Beautiful...I need more TOYS!...JJ

Man I need to get into this program soon as I retire I am looking forwared to building a curing chamber

my chamber is a crappy mini fridge it works for small production the cool thing that because its so small humidity is easy to maintain. next up some lomo and salchichon de vic!!

Great Job BR they look real tasty! I hope to be tring some in the near furture. thanks for sharing the View.

My recipe it simple i just use Spanish smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, and a bit of dextrose . And bactoferm f-lc. And 3 pounds of pork half i put through the grinder and the other half chopped by hand. oh and to control humidity i use a small computer fan in the fridge. also i was told on a different forum to hang a damp towel for humidity and it works like a charm.

here's some pics of my lunch today using the chorizo

cd4e73f5_IMG_20110823_120311.jpg

85e09010_IMG_20110823_120350.jpg

Oh and sorry i forgot to mention that this is un-smoked  but u can cold smoke it if you like since i cant cold smoke it yet i haven't tried it!!

Man my first batch of chorizo was so good i already have the second one fermenting right now!! here is a pic..

2771bb36_P1012368.jpg

That's awesome!

I want to try dry curing pepperoni, but have been a little intimidated by the temp & humidity requirements.

You make it look easy.

I don't think I'm ready yet, but will keep reading & eventually will take the plunge.

SmokinAl as long you read up on things and have some knowledge of what your doing it is pretty easy. i use a cheap mini fridge that was given to me all you need is a solid recipe and a bit of know how and your more than half way there!!! oh be a real clean freak about things!!! thank god for Star-San lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky