Dry Aging Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

jfm2002

Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Hello -

New to the forum. I'm cooking a beef wellington for Christmas - not smoking, just baking, so apologies that this is somewhat off-topic for the forum (but WHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET can I find people that might know the answer to this question?).

I'm planning to dry age a couple of tenderloins in my Dry Ager (dryager.com) for the wellington - I want to maximize taste/texture from the dry-age while minimizing waste (hopefully don't have to trim anything). Anyone have experience dry aging tenderloin? I have full temp/humidity control. How many days? Ideal temp/humidity?

Thank you all for input! Hope to spend more time here in the future (especially when the northeast winter lets up and I get back to BBQ).

tbern

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Should be members who know about your questions coming back to you soon!

spohnat

Fire Starter
Aug 15, 2016
I have no help here but love the approach here. Wish I could try some.