doubling recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tac1515

ImpEx - Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to say this is a great site. I am new to smoking meat and have learned alot from this site so far. With all of the advice that is given on this site, I feel that I am starting with an advantage!! I do have a question which should show my inexperience though. If I am following a recipe for a rub or bbq sauce and I want to make more of it or less of it than the recipe calls for, can I just half or double the ingrediants without changing the taste of it, or do I have to preform some sort of NASA style mathematical equation?

You are correct. You can make more or less without changing the flavor as long as you keep the ratio the same. So, you can divide it to reduce or multiply it to increase with no problems.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky