Double smoked ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Yes I have my own but don't want to double smoke my good hams, they are smoked enough. Weis had these on sale for 1.89 a lb, pretty cheap. Used the slow n sear which wasn't slow. I wanted it to be but...
Used embers charcoal and a few hickory wood chunks.
IMG_20210912_174312728.jpg

Took about 3 hours at 300, that's the lowest temp I could hold.
IMG_20210912_193502414.jpg

Couple slices cut off for sammies.
IMG_20210912_194415562.jpg

And my dinner plate.
Overall it was a good meal.

IMG_20210912_200223731.jpg

Looks like a tasty meal to me! Are those big green onions on the plate? Love em if so.

Last edited:
You be eating high on the hog ! Sandwiches look great as does the tater salad.

Great looking plate of food, I would have no problem in asking for seconds
Love scalloped potatoes, even if it s not wrapped in a bacon dome...lol

David

Thanks. We had lots left. I sliced alot off and vac sealed. The bone and I left quite abit meat on it will be going in for ham and green beans this weekend

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Some real fine looking sannys and taters there Adam, I'd be all over that, Like! I didn't have much luck getting my SnS to go low, snake method worked better for me it both the 22 and 26er. RAY

That smoked ham looks delicious! I need to start enjoying it more than just the holidays. Nicely done Adam.

Yes I have my own but don't want to double smoke my good hams, they are smoked enough. Weis had these on sale for 1.89 a lb, pretty cheap. Used the slow n sear which wasn't slow. I wanted it to be but...
Used embers charcoal and a few hickory wood chunks.
View attachment 510614

Took about 3 hours at 300, that's the lowest temp I could hold.
View attachment 510615

Couple slices cut off for sammies.
View attachment 510618

And my dinner plate.
Overall it was a good meal.

View attachment 510620
Looks really goood!
My last smoke I switched to Kingsford briquettes. And I used the slow n sear.
Some thing is up with royal Oak briquettes products.
Anyways, great job!

Looks great! I've been wanting to try a ham for a while. Waiting for a sale....
I can't keep low temps in my kettle, either (except in winter) and gave up trying. I also like Embers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky