Double smoked ham on the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
Got a 10# Picnic ham, scored the skin about a 1/4" deep

By imn88fan

Mixed up a rub consisting of brn sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, mustard powder, crushed cloves and garlic powder.

By imn88fan

Gave it a light mustard slather and caked on the rub!

By imn88fan

Smokin about 225 over 2 chunks of hickory, probably will be making a mop, keep ya updated!
icon_wink.gif

It looks real good so far, am looking forward to the pics. They always look, well Bubbalicious. That drum works real good. Just read the post from ?????????? on his newly manufactured drum. Maybe someday I will make one for myself but not until I get up to my dads and pick up the partially finished freezer smoker. I'me thinking of making into a combo (hot/cold smoker) and leave it in the pole barn with exhaust out through the wall.

Didn't glaze it because i'm gonna re-heat again tomorrow for dinner.
flavor is fantastic, the rub stands up nicely on the ham, may have to try it on some pork!!

By imn88fan

OMG, what time is dinner, I am 3 hrs away, just trying to figure out my easter timetable!
Ham is goood, ham is yummmmyyy!

I will be smoking one for Christmas and found this post.  Since you have to do your homework before starting a new cook, I am most thankful for SMF and your post with great Q-view. 
thumb1%20copy.gif

I just came across this when looking for ideas for something new.  Looks amazing.  I'll try it this weekend.  Thanks

I have a 22 pound Smithfield Hardwood smokes ham that I want to cook in the smoker for Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone know about how long that would take to smoke and whats the best wood chips to use? (still learning)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky