DOUBLE D BREAST *** SHOWTIME! FINAL PICS ***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Greetings all. I haven't smoked any chicken breast in a while and none left in the freezer. Time to do more. I headed to Sam's Club and Holy Smokes, I found a pack of fresh chicken breast that were huge! 8 huge boneless skinless breast for 12 bucks. Brined them for 6 hours. 1/2 cup salt. 1/2 cup of sugar, tablespoon of rub and 2 quarts of water.
Removed and rubbed down with rub on 5 of them. The other 3, I went old school. Seasoned with Tony's creole seasoning, black pepper and Cavender's Greek seasoning. Used my modified minion method. Full chimney of unlit briquettes, 5 lit briquettes and added wild cherry chunks. The Weber kettle maintained 250 degrees and I only had to fiddle with the top vent twice. It was pretty much set and forget it. Pulled them at 165. Forgot final pic but they turned out nice. Vac packed 6 and saved 2 to chow down on tonight. Will post a sliced pick then.

HAWG
MINION.jpg

My modified minion. Chimney of unlit RO briquettes. 5 lit briquettes and some wild cherry chunks.
CHICKEN 1.jpg

Rubbed
CHICKEN 2.jpg

TONY'S.jpg

Seasoned with Tony's creole seasoning, black pepper and Cavender's seasoning.

BBQ CHICKEN.jpg

A little homemade BBQ sauce added.

JUICY.jpg

Tender, very juicy with a nice hint of the cherry wood.

Last edited:
Nice sized breast ya got there Hawg! They look good and bet they’ll be good too, already has a nice color.

Those breasts are huge! Even though you have missed a final pick - I can imagine how they looked after breasts were done! You just reminded to me that I need to smoke bunch of breasts this weekend as well... Vac packing them after they cooked and in the freezer. I will be using them for lunch at work....

Last edited:
Those look Great !!
They gotta be Awesome!!
Like.
Hey Hawging It----Your Fine Dinner plates even match mine Perfectly!!

Bear

Hawg....its just a tease without the dinner plate...LOL Dang I'm hungery!

Nice lookin' vittles there Hawg!

Like!

Me I got smoked turkey breast, smoked chicken meat from the spatchcock yardbirds, and smoked pork tenderloin for lunch sammies. Smoked baby back and st louis ribs to boot....

John

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky