Don't know what they are called

  • Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.


Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Tucson, Arizona
Greetings from the south pole,(Tucson) 15º yesterday morning here in the desert, :shock: can't wait for the 100º weather to come back. 8) Anyways I have seen these open pit type grills they are rectangular in shape and have an adjustable grate via a wheel crank and chain set up I dont know what they are called and therefore can't find any info. Can anyone help out a frost bitten desert dweller? Thanks.
I think they're called Parrilla's, the mexican word for grill. I did a quick google and it pointed me to wikipedia, but I didn't find a bunch of info on them. Might be a starting point for you though.

I remember seeing a blurb on a different forum. let me see if I can do a little research and find it for you. As I recall, they were pretty pricey.

Thanks guys I think you got me going in the right direction. As near as I can tell they are called a Santa Maria style bbq pit. I guess I should have posted this thread under another heading as these are open wood pits. Thanks. is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads