Donairs(Gyros-Doner) & Grilled Romaine Lettuce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
approx 3 pounds of ground meat(i used veal and pork)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp thyme
1 1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp montreal steak spice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
mix together...overworking is good here or you can run it through your food mixer. shape into a roll and let it sit in the fridge overnight, covered.
i used a grill with a rotissiere and cooked it until it hit 155*F and let residual heat take it the rest of the way.
the sauce i used tonight
1 bottle of kraft cucumber salad dressing
1 small container of plain yogurt
lots of black pepper
the traditional sauce
2/3 c. Canned Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 c. White Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
Stir the milk and garlic powder together. Add vinegar quickly. You will have to stir the sauce for a couple of minutes in order for the vinegar and milk to mix properly. Leave it sit for a few minutes.
you will also need
tomatoes
onions, sliced paper thin
pita bread
for the lettuce
olive oil
parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

2gy9kc0.jpg

2wlzza9.jpg

2qby8h4.jpg

fbdib.jpg

k9jr7k.jpg

5u4l5i.jpg

WOW that looks great Teacup! Thanks for the recipe too, going to add this to my list. Mrs. Rivet loves the looks of the pics~
points.gif

thanks..the meat is really strong in the spice department. either of the sauces that i posted balance out that flavor.

and thanks to Mrs.Rivet for the compliment.

i finally found the setting i like on my camera to take close up pics...

Got to love them gyros. looks great cann't wait to have some. Was that tazegie (how ever you spell it) sauce I see there?

Looks great! I would like to try this for hubby but with ground lamb. I guess you would use the same spices, maybe a little extra as lamb is usually stronger flavored. I would like this though with the veal and burger! Definitely on my list!!

Looks great!  I have a similar recipe that I do, but I smoke the meat in tamale casings (I have a thread about it) and grilled lavash bread and feta etc...  it's a variation of the kebaps I hate in Turkey.  At any rate, this looks like a fine recipe and I'll have to try the rotisserie. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky