Doing Turkey wings on the MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scubadoo97

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Florida
While at the market today I was searching turkey thighs but they were all out. They did have turkey wings that were near sell by date. The gal at the store marked them down from $1.99 to .69/lb. So now I have 4 rather large turkey wings in the smoker. Coated with a little rub and smoked chili powder. I've got them going at max temp of 275 with hickory chunks.
icon_sad.gif
no qview--the wife has the camera and is out of town for a couple of days.

Yeah too bad no pics cause they looked better than they tasted. I took several temp measurements in the thick and thin areas. Temps ranged between 180-195. I pulled them and let them rest. The meat was cooked but there was a lot of thin membranes and tendons that made the meat very difficult to eat.

I pulled all the meat off the bones and began cleaning as best I could. Then the meat went into a sauce pan with a little water and some rub and was cooked until the meat was tender and all connective tissue was broken down. The bones and skin went into the pressure cooker to render 8 cup of smoked turkey stock that is now in the freezer for later use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky