Doing Cheese in freezing weather.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Columbia, MD
I have a bunch of cheese that I want to smoke soon.  Daytime temps have been just about at freezing, 32F.  I plan on using my A-Maze-N smoker for the smoke, inside of my MES30 box -- but without the box doing any heating.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the almost freezing temps -- The AMNS will only raise the temp by 5-10 degrees.  Will the cheese take to the smoke at that cool a temp?

I have a bunch of cheese that I want to smoke soon.  Daytime temps have been just about at freezing, 32F.  I plan on using my A-Maze-N smoker for the smoke, inside of my MES30 box -- but without the box doing any heating.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the almost freezing temps -- The AMNS will only raise the temp by 5-10 degrees.  Will the cheese take to the smoke at that cool a temp?
I did some cheese last week was only about 25 degrees out. I did the smoke for 8 hours and all turned out good i do think that the cheese gets a stronger smoke flavor if its warmer. I didn't have any problems with it freezing and i also used a maze-N smoker worked great used cherry wood.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky